Reflections from one small country to another… So here we are again, floating in that […]
About Abi KingA journalist and photographer who swapped a career as a doctor for a life on the road. Published by Lonely Planet, the BBC, CNN, National Geographic Traveler & more. Loves travel, Blackadder and marmite toast.
Author Archive | Abi King
G’day readers. I’m in Australia, and after a couple of super city slick days in […]
It’s a blasphemous journey I’m about to embark upon. “There aren’t twelve apostles,” for a […]
Sometimes, it’s best to let the pictures do the talking. When it comes to caves, […]
When it comes to colour in South Africa, perhaps there’s no better place to start […]
Barely a full moon ago, I wrote about the importance of a woman’s hair, sparked […]
Lemons. They’re all over the place in the narrow streets of olive and stone-soaked Amalfi. […]
Hong Kong excels at two levels: on the ground amid the colours, the chaos, and […]
Dust in red still stains my shoes And drumbeats soothe my sleepless senses I am […]
Right now I’m in Sorrento. It’s a multicoloured town that clings to the hills and […]
In many a culture, the lusciousness of a woman’s locks says something about her status. […]
Napoleon is remembered for a great many things. Conquering most of Europe, for example. Overthrowing […]
Why South Africa is called the Rainbow Nation I’m in South Africa right now and […]
Tomorrow, I’m heading to Africa. (Although it will probably be today by the time you […]
The Japanese call it Gunkanjima. But Bond knew it as the base camp for Silva, […]
The Sofitel on Ngo Quyen Street, Hanoi, is not a beautiful hotel. At least, that’s […]
Japan is a land of volcanoes. Around 200 in fact. They hubble and bubble and […]
Spoiler. I’m not that girl. I’m the one behind the camera. Right now, I’m in […]
Go from bland to Bond with these easy-peasy tips for getting better photos from a […]
There was a large light. I fell. And then no-one came to rescue us. Nagasaki, […]
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- Twelve Things Travel Taught Me in 2012 January 4, 2013
- What is Home, Anyway? March 8, 2013
- What’s so special about Berlin? January 20, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- Blue octopus hats are all the rage in December 4, 2013
- Introducing Brunei… December 4, 2013
- The White Mosque in December 2, 2013
- Learnt a new thing: the airline industry traditionally hoses down a plane on its first flight December 1, 2013
- The view from where women leave their shoes… December 1, 2013
- Abi: Still feeling hazy so they're a perfect fit!...
- Abi: Thanks!...
- Abi: Flying in - supremely easy. Not sure about the lan...
- Niamh: Lovely photo round up!...
- Thomas Dembie: Great post! How easy is it to get in to the countr...
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines