I found this beautiful image in the well-trodden yet overlooked town of Maun in Botswana, southern Africa. The town sits at the edge of the Okavango Delta and pilots, tourists and enterprising locals buzz around the small airstrip, restless to leave Maun behind and to let nautre brandish the blues and greens of the Delta beneath them.
Archive | Botswana RSS feed for this section
Found in the south, right next to Namibia, Botswana is probably best known for being the home of the Okavango Delta (and perhaps also the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency Series.) It’s big, it’s beautiful, it has a low volume high cost tourism policy. It’s definitely worth seeing…read on for more.
I’m never quite sure what to say when Easter swings around. It sashays onto the calendar in many parts of the world, yet it’s interpreted in so many different ways. As a time for sorrow, prayer and then jubilation. As a time for eating a lot of chocolate and trying not to cheat when playing hunt-the-eggs…
In the world’s largest delta, transport takes place on water. While a few motorised boats cruise along the main waterway, to travel through the reeds, you still need a traditional mokoro…
Bringing you Elephants from the Air. Simply one of the most amazing moments in my life.
What the Moremi Game Reserve in Botswana lacks in fame, it makes up for in undisturbed viewing opportunities. Here’s one of my favourite shots of…
I’m offline in the ice of Alaska at the moment (I know, poor me) – but here’s a photo for now: an impala in the Moremi Game Reserve, Botswana
The Okavango Delta in Botswana (the largest delta in the world) is home to elephants, impala, giraffe, hippos and warthogs aplenty. Its watery nature means that there are virtually no roads – so the only ways of getting around are by boat or by plane.
Both versions will give you a truly amazing experience…
Despite the stillness of the water, there’s no sound of silence. Insects skim across the reeds with a soft buzz and woodpeckers…
The world’s largest inland delta, the Okavango Delta in Botswana, from the sky
- A Glimpse of Mount Vesuvius March 5, 2014
- 5 Ways to Live Like A Local in Seville March 19, 2014
- Sirens in the Silence – Italy Walking April 1, 2014
- The New Cupcake Quest April 17, 2014
- No filter, just colour: the Fischer street art scene in April 17, 2014
- Textured wall in Leipzig on the street of many names (inc at one point April 17, 2014
- Sofia Rhodes: Italy is one of my favorite places. And, I complet...
- Melissa: Beautiful. This reminds me of my experience on the...
- Sofie: Must be great to dance there. I think I'd let mys...
- British Virgin Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines