Short and sweet this week as I race to finish this book! Nearly there! And […]
Archive | The Americas RSS feed for this section
The Americas, both North and South, have enough travel experiences to keep you busy for a lifetime. Start here for travel ideas and inspiration from the world’s “youngest” continent…
On The Road… A spa with a view…@LongBayBVI Zoom…These pics come straight from my iPhone […]
For two hours now, I’ve watched the waves curl one across the other in a […]
On The Road… While you were sleeping, I saw this! Zoom…These pics come straight from […]
On The Road… The narrow waist of the fat virgin (Virgin Gorda, BVI) Zoom…These pics […]
On The Road… Coming in to land in the British Virgin Islands… @BritishVirginIs Zoom…These pics […]
On The Road… Know ye your Eggs Creole from your Eggs Benedict? Zoom…These pics come […]
On The Road… Tangy sesame chicken with guacamole at the @GalleyBayHotel Zoom…These pics come straight […]
Looking back now on my pieces on Barbados, you’d be forgiven for thinking it was […]
Let’s get this out of the way before we start. I am not a shoe […]
A priest. A still-beating heart. Blood flowing down sacrificial steps until it flooded the ground some 30 metres below.
That’s my first mental image of Mayan culture, the…
When the change came, the island held its breath. What would happen the following day?
Would people turn up to work? Or would they leave?
Sometimes, you need to take the time to stop. To pause for breath. To fill your senses with everything that’s beautiful and to let the world’s cares, concerns and curmudgeonly characteristics sit sloppily in a pile to be dealt with tomorrow…
The problem, if you happened to be a slave owner, was that slaves just kept on dying. It was bad for business. Arguably, this also caused problems if you happened to be a slave, but…
Part two about slavery in Barbados – and how it’s not what you might expect.
I’m not sure which I saw first. The creeping hands…The lashing tail…Fervent, frantic, fevered wings dipping into water…Or something else entirely……
The Club, Barbados My room has the perfect view. At dawn, sparkle spills across the […]
But let’s face it, they’re a great place to start I’m writing this in a […]
“In the cool of the evening we rode in the country and were perfectly enraptured […]
Before you read this post, I want to make sure you’ve got the right kind […]
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- 17 Ways To Take Better Photos From Trains – Photography for Beginners August 30, 2013
- Holy Smoke. A Mayan Massage in Mexico April 10, 2013
- Tulips in Amsterdam April 5, 2013
- Can you guess where I am?! (Psst, near @OneAldwych ) March 9, 2014
- Checking out the history of time at the Science Museum. In other words March 8, 2014
- A Glimpse of Mount Vesuvius March 5, 2014
- Sometimes simple is best March 3, 2014
- Hope everyone had a good St David’s weekend… March 2, 2014
- Mark @ hotelove.sk: Stunning pics. Valencia is on my to-do list for a ...
- Jaryd Krause (@Ausglobetrotter): Amazing shots! and your right, everybody sees thin...
- Selma: Volcanoes: they have the power to grant life, and ...
- islandmomma: Don't know about the apps but I really would like...
- Ronny: Gotta love that escalator lol ... Melbourne looks ...
- British Virgin Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines