Looking back now on my pieces on Barbados, you’d be forgiven for thinking it was […]
Archive | Barbados RSS feed for this section
When the change came, the island held its breath. What would happen the following day?
Would people turn up to work? Or would they leave?
The problem, if you happened to be a slave owner, was that slaves just kept on dying. It was bad for business. Arguably, this also caused problems if you happened to be a slave, but…
Part two about slavery in Barbados – and how it’s not what you might expect.
The Club, Barbados My room has the perfect view. At dawn, sparkle spills across the […]
But let’s face it, they’re a great place to start I’m writing this in a […]
“In the cool of the evening we rode in the country and were perfectly enraptured […]
These days, I take promises of viewing exotic wildlife with more than a pinch of saltwater. Particularly endangered species. To find pandas I had to travel for days. To glimpse a tiger, I shivered morning and night under a blanket of frost.
But to see turtles in Barbados? I only needed to…
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- What is Home, Anyway? March 8, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- 17 Ways To Take Better Photos From Trains – Photography for Beginners August 30, 2013
- Holy Smoke. A Mayan Massage in Mexico April 10, 2013
- A Glimpse of Mount Vesuvius March 5, 2014
- Sometimes simple is best March 3, 2014
- Hope everyone had a good St David’s weekend… March 2, 2014
- 7 of The Best Travel Apps March 2, 2014
- Across the babbling brook… February 28, 2014
- Jaryd Krause (@Ausglobetrotter): Amazing shots! and your right, everybody sees thin...
- Selma: Volcanoes: they have the power to grant life, and ...
- islandmomma: Don't know about the apps but I really would like...
- Ronny: Gotta love that escalator lol ... Melbourne looks ...
- Bridget @ GreenGlobalTravel: Pocket is a great one, and I'm also a big fan of ...
- British Virgin Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines