Looking back now on my pieces on Barbados, you’d be forgiven for thinking it was […]
Archive | Barbados RSS feed for this section
When the change came, the island held its breath. What would happen the following day?
Would people turn up to work? Or would they leave?
The problem, if you happened to be a slave owner, was that slaves just kept on dying. It was bad for business. Arguably, this also caused problems if you happened to be a slave, but…
Part two about slavery in Barbados – and how it’s not what you might expect.
The Club, Barbados My room has the perfect view. At dawn, sparkle spills across the […]
But let’s face it, they’re a great place to start I’m writing this in a […]
“In the cool of the evening we rode in the country and were perfectly enraptured […]
These days, I take promises of viewing exotic wildlife with more than a pinch of saltwater. Particularly endangered species. To find pandas I had to travel for days. To glimpse a tiger, I shivered morning and night under a blanket of frost.
But to see turtles in Barbados? I only needed to…
- 5 Ways to Live Like A Local in Seville March 19, 2014
- Sirens in the Silence – Italy Walking April 1, 2014
- How To Make A Painkiller in the Caribbean March 12, 2014
- Things A Little Bird Told Me – Confessions of the Creative Mind in Review April 22, 2014
- The New Cupcake Quest April 17, 2014
- No filter, just colour: the Fischer street art scene in April 17, 2014
- Rebecca: Empty, natural beauty. what a great way to put it....
- Megan: Hmmmmm. I like the way you think. :) Why choose?...
- Abi King: Ah - well if you head to the Maldives you can also...
- British Virgin Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines