Looking back now on my pieces on Barbados, you’d be forgiven for thinking it was […]
Archive | Barbados RSS feed for this section
When the change came, the island held its breath. What would happen the following day?
Would people turn up to work? Or would they leave?
The problem, if you happened to be a slave owner, was that slaves just kept on dying. It was bad for business. Arguably, this also caused problems if you happened to be a slave, but…
Part two about slavery in Barbados – and how it’s not what you might expect.
The Club, Barbados My room has the perfect view. At dawn, sparkle spills across the […]
But let’s face it, they’re a great place to start I’m writing this in a […]
“In the cool of the evening we rode in the country and were perfectly enraptured […]
These days, I take promises of viewing exotic wildlife with more than a pinch of saltwater. Particularly endangered species. To find pandas I had to travel for days. To glimpse a tiger, I shivered morning and night under a blanket of frost.
But to see turtles in Barbados? I only needed to…
- A Glimpse of Mount Vesuvius March 5, 2014
- 5 Ways to Live Like A Local in Seville March 19, 2014
- Quiz Time: Can You Recognise This Dome? April 6, 2014
- Dress to match the chilli you run past, I say! April 16, 2014
- Meet the Spoons: a cultural icon & family of four in Leipzig April 16, 2014
- Back to school for me today in Leipzig April 15, 2014
- Melissa: Beautiful. This reminds me of my experience on the...
- Sofie: Must be great to dance there. I think I'd let mys...
- Scott: Did you make it to the Soggy Dollar? Their painkil...
- British Virgin Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines