Looking back now on my pieces on Barbados, you’d be forgiven for thinking it was […]
Archive | Barbados RSS feed for this section
When the change came, the island held its breath. What would happen the following day?
Would people turn up to work? Or would they leave?
The problem, if you happened to be a slave owner, was that slaves just kept on dying. It was bad for business. Arguably, this also caused problems if you happened to be a slave, but…
Part two about slavery in Barbados – and how it’s not what you might expect.
The Club, Barbados My room has the perfect view. At dawn, sparkle spills across the […]
But let’s face it, they’re a great place to start I’m writing this in a […]
“In the cool of the evening we rode in the country and were perfectly enraptured […]
These days, I take promises of viewing exotic wildlife with more than a pinch of saltwater. Particularly endangered species. To find pandas I had to travel for days. To glimpse a tiger, I shivered morning and night under a blanket of frost.
But to see turtles in Barbados? I only needed to…
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- Twelve Things Travel Taught Me in 2012 January 4, 2013
- What is Home, Anyway? March 8, 2013
- What’s so special about Berlin? January 20, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- The Soweto Mandela Leaves Behind December 6, 2013
- Blue octopus hats are all the rage in December 4, 2013
- Introducing Brunei… December 4, 2013
- The White Mosque in December 2, 2013
- Learnt a new thing: the airline industry traditionally hoses down a plane on its first flight December 1, 2013
- Tom Bourlet: So jealous, driving the Great Ocean Road is right ...
- Daniela: I was there earlier this autumn and had a walking ...
- Rebecca: Hi Azhar. I visited with Usizo tours (http://sowet...
- Rebecca: I visited Soweto a few years ago and we travelled ...
- Azhar Khan (Globe Glimpser): Great Post! I'm really keen to explore Soweto wit...
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines