The older I get, the more I enjoy cooking classes. With an opening statement like that, I’m in danger of
Archive | Jordan RSS feed for this section
Dust rose from the ground as the horse thundered past and the sun began its ablutions. It painted pinks and pomegranates, amber, pistachio, charcoal and soft apricot rust across the walls of Petra before calling it a day and turning in for an early night…
Another four am start. Another cold morning. Another walk through darkness and another outstanding experience. […]
Sparks hissed from the fire where we clustered beneath the stars. The group fell silent, waiting for Hussein to finish his story. He sat cross-legged, wearing the traditional thawb and keffiyeh, his deep eyes lined with kohl.
“My darling,” he said, fixing his eyes on the girl in front of him. “Forget the astronomer. Come with me. I’ll show you the stars in the day.”
On photo Friday, allow me to introduce you to some of the people I met on my recent journey to Jordan. I’ll be writing more about Jordan over the next few weeks but while you’re waiting for those articles, have another look at these photos and see if you can spot the odd one out…Look very, very closely…
Canyoning. Turning a noun into a sport and a canyon into a playground.
This time last year, I’d…
Apparently, it’s bad form to write about sunsets. And even to take photos of them. And even to start sentences with “and” – but right now…
As I type this out, I’m sitting in darkness, my face lit only by the glow of my computer screen. There’s sand beneath my feet
- Sirens in the Silence – Italy Walking April 1, 2014
- 5 Ways to Live Like A Local in Seville March 19, 2014
- How To Make A Painkiller in the Caribbean March 12, 2014
- Things A Little Bird Told Me – Confessions of the Creative Mind in Review April 22, 2014
- The New Cupcake Quest April 17, 2014
- No filter, just colour: the Fischer street art scene in April 17, 2014
- Abi King: Yep - still my favourite business class flight....
- Abi King: You won't be able to hold her during take off and...
- wshi: I am planning on visiting these caves... any recom...
- British Virgin Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines