The older I get, the more I enjoy cooking classes. With an opening statement like that, I’m in danger of
Archive | Jordan RSS feed for this section
Dust rose from the ground as the horse thundered past and the sun began its ablutions. It painted pinks and pomegranates, amber, pistachio, charcoal and soft apricot rust across the walls of Petra before calling it a day and turning in for an early night…
Another four am start. Another cold morning. Another walk through darkness and another outstanding experience. […]
Sparks hissed from the fire where we clustered beneath the stars. The group fell silent, waiting for Hussein to finish his story. He sat cross-legged, wearing the traditional thawb and keffiyeh, his deep eyes lined with kohl.
“My darling,” he said, fixing his eyes on the girl in front of him. “Forget the astronomer. Come with me. I’ll show you the stars in the day.”
On photo Friday, allow me to introduce you to some of the people I met on my recent journey to Jordan. I’ll be writing more about Jordan over the next few weeks but while you’re waiting for those articles, have another look at these photos and see if you can spot the odd one out…Look very, very closely…
Canyoning. Turning a noun into a sport and a canyon into a playground.
This time last year, I’d…
Apparently, it’s bad form to write about sunsets. And even to take photos of them. And even to start sentences with “and” – but right now…
As I type this out, I’m sitting in darkness, my face lit only by the glow of my computer screen. There’s sand beneath my feet
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- What is Home, Anyway? March 8, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- 17 Ways To Take Better Photos From Trains – Photography for Beginners August 30, 2013
- Holy Smoke. A Mayan Massage in Mexico April 10, 2013
- Checking out the history of time at the Science Museum. In other words March 8, 2014
- A Glimpse of Mount Vesuvius March 5, 2014
- Sometimes simple is best March 3, 2014
- Hope everyone had a good St David’s weekend… March 2, 2014
- 7 of The Best Travel Apps March 2, 2014
- Mark @ hotelove.sk: Stunning pics. Valencia is on my to-do list for a ...
- Jaryd Krause (@Ausglobetrotter): Amazing shots! and your right, everybody sees thin...
- Selma: Volcanoes: they have the power to grant life, and ...
- islandmomma: Don't know about the apps but I really would like...
- Ronny: Gotta love that escalator lol ... Melbourne looks ...
- British Virgin Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines