G’day readers. I’m in Australia, and after a couple of super city slick days in […]
Archive | Australia RSS feed for this section
It’s a blasphemous journey I’m about to embark upon. “There aren’t twelve apostles,” for a […]
Spain has the Tomatina, Britain has cheese-rolling and Texas has rodeo. Step forward Australia, with […]
Ah, how the science of language confounds us. Three words, two feelings. At least that’s […]
Kakadu. The sound is soft yet distinctive, like a bird call that rolls and unfolds across the willows and the reeds, the waters, the low and smoky air, to reach me on the scrunched and scorched soil. On the earth that is itself Kakadu.
Right now I’m at the airport, dashing to repack and catch my flight. Shorts and…
At 3am I woke up. At 4am I gave up. For the last few hours, I’ve…
Stopping for a drink in Sydney’s deadliest district…
I’m writing this as the breeze plays with the straps of my bag and the white sails of the Sydney Opera House glow
Surfers have a reputation for being cool, laid back and sexy. I’m talking, of course, […]
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- Twelve Things Travel Taught Me in 2012 January 4, 2013
- What is Home, Anyway? March 8, 2013
- What’s so special about Berlin? January 20, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- The Soweto Mandela Leaves Behind December 6, 2013
- Blue octopus hats are all the rage in December 4, 2013
- Introducing Brunei… December 4, 2013
- The White Mosque in December 2, 2013
- Learnt a new thing: the airline industry traditionally hoses down a plane on its first flight December 1, 2013
- Rebecca: Hi Azhar. I visited with Usizo tours (http://sowet...
- Rebecca: I visited Soweto a few years ago and we travelled ...
- Azhar Khan (Globe Glimpser): Great Post! I'm really keen to explore Soweto wit...
- Gayla: What a cute creature. I think it may be a devil, ...
- Abi: Still feeling hazy so they're a perfect fit!...
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines