Lemons. They’re all over the place in the narrow streets of olive and stone-soaked Amalfi. […]
Archive | Europe RSS feed for this section
Travel stories about unusual journeys, places, customs or careers found in the myriad of all those things in Europe.
Right now I’m in Sorrento. It’s a multicoloured town that clings to the hills and […]
Napoleon is remembered for a great many things. Conquering most of Europe, for example. Overthrowing […]
Spoiler. I’m not that girl. I’m the one behind the camera. Right now, I’m in […]
Go from bland to Bond with these easy-peasy tips for getting better photos from a […]
Hot on the heels from my own short break in Pembrokeshire, here, as promised, is […]
The lane is full of memories, the lane, this lane in the most holy of […]
Cwtch, Pembrokeshire To the uninitiated, cwtch does not sound like a pleasant word. For those […]
The Banke Hotel Paris – Review From the moment you step through the door, you […]
A voyage to the end of the earth… As a child, the journey lasted forever. […]
Taking Stock Somehow, four years have passed since I started this blog. In that time […]
High on a mountaintop yet far underground lies an frosty, wintry, rub-your-eyes-with-childlike-wonder honest to god […]
Picture the scene: 30 books open at the same page, a scattering of scarlet gingham […]
The Cour des Loges Hotel Review As hotels go, the Cour des Loges didn’t need […]
Yes, this is supposed to be a site about unusual journeys and, yes, tulips in Amsterdam are about as unusual as finding a long queue and a surly stare at airport security. But…
Sickness has slowed my writing this month, I’m sorry to say. But rather than leave you hanging in silence, I thought I’d cheer you up with a quick taste of Tirol. Drum roll please as I introduce the iPhone only snapshots of my time in the snow. Who could imagine…
To see the cool side of Paris, see Mama Shelter. Forget the Eiffel Tower and ignore the Champs Elysees. The young, the weird and the beautiful wine, dine and, er, rendezvous in the 20th – and they make no apology for it.
Not long ago, I worked on a project called A Perfect Day in Berlin with British Airways for their shiny new Facebook App (see exhibit A if you’re just itching to know which six things I picked.)
Drunk with power, I put together an itinerary of the best way to spend 24 hours in the city and ignored my…
It only takes two hundred and thirty nine steps to reach a completely different city. To reach a song from the past that hauntingly blends with the snow that falls without sound.
The London Bridge Hotel lives next to London’s record breaking The Shard and is only […]
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- Twelve Things Travel Taught Me in 2012 January 4, 2013
- What is Home, Anyway? March 8, 2013
- What’s so special about Berlin? January 20, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- Need A Dose of Christmas Cheer? December 10, 2013
- The Soweto Mandela Leaves Behind December 6, 2013
- Blue octopus hats are all the rage in December 4, 2013
- Introducing Brunei… December 4, 2013
- The White Mosque in December 2, 2013
- Jennifer Steck: A quoll? Learned something new today. I would have...
- Abi King: Pff - of course he did. And very elegantly pointed...
- Abi King: And a possible tombstone message perhaps? Great qu...
- Abi King: Thank you - you too!...
- Abi King: And there was so much more! Great fun :-)...
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines