High on a mountaintop yet far underground lies an frosty, wintry, rub-your-eyes-with-childlike-wonder honest to god […]
Archive | Austria RSS feed for this section
Sickness has slowed my writing this month, I’m sorry to say. But rather than leave you hanging in silence, I thought I’d cheer you up with a quick taste of Tirol. Drum roll please as I introduce the iPhone only snapshots of my time in the snow. Who could imagine…
Sometimes things go wrong in life. The printer at the car hire company breaks, the sat nav doesn’t work, the
The year is 1945 and ash, smoke, poverty and despair rise through the rubble of Europe.
I arrived in style, travelling from the aged grandeur of Keleti Pu station in Budapest to the ultra-modern Vienna West
Fear. It’s all in the mind. That’s what I tell myself as I inch my foot sideways, staring straight ahead. Daylight fills the 20 foot space between my eyeballs and the glistening wall of rock…
I arrived in Schwarzenberg just as the funeral procession entered the graveyard. Scratched clouds lingered overhead, matching the mourners’ sorrow with their weightless, clawing rain…
I arrived in Innsbruck under the legendary cover of darkness. Thirteen hours or so had
A lightning fast Photo Friday this week as I zip around Austria catching up with […]
At 2039 metres above sea level in Austria, someone is watching. One hundred someones in fact…
- 5 Ways to Live Like A Local in Seville March 19, 2014
- How To Make A Painkiller in the Caribbean March 12, 2014
- Quiz Time: Can You Recognise This Dome? April 6, 2014
- The New Cupcake Quest April 17, 2014
- No filter, just colour: the Fischer street art scene in April 17, 2014
- Textured wall in Leipzig on the street of many names (inc at one point April 17, 2014
- Kent: I love this entry -- you really capture the feel o...
- Abi: Thank you!...
- Darlene: They all look so yummy! Here in Vancouver, BC it'...
- British Virgin Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines