High on a mountaintop yet far underground lies an frosty, wintry, rub-your-eyes-with-childlike-wonder honest to god […]
Archive | Austria RSS feed for this section
Sickness has slowed my writing this month, I’m sorry to say. But rather than leave you hanging in silence, I thought I’d cheer you up with a quick taste of Tirol. Drum roll please as I introduce the iPhone only snapshots of my time in the snow. Who could imagine…
Sometimes things go wrong in life. The printer at the car hire company breaks, the sat nav doesn’t work, the
The year is 1945 and ash, smoke, poverty and despair rise through the rubble of Europe.
I arrived in style, travelling from the aged grandeur of Keleti Pu station in Budapest to the ultra-modern Vienna West
Fear. It’s all in the mind. That’s what I tell myself as I inch my foot sideways, staring straight ahead. Daylight fills the 20 foot space between my eyeballs and the glistening wall of rock…
I arrived in Schwarzenberg just as the funeral procession entered the graveyard. Scratched clouds lingered overhead, matching the mourners’ sorrow with their weightless, clawing rain…
I arrived in Innsbruck under the legendary cover of darkness. Thirteen hours or so had
A lightning fast Photo Friday this week as I zip around Austria catching up with […]
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- Twelve Things Travel Taught Me in 2012 January 4, 2013
- What is Home, Anyway? March 8, 2013
- What’s so special about Berlin? January 20, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- The Soweto Mandela Leaves Behind December 6, 2013
- Blue octopus hats are all the rage in December 4, 2013
- Introducing Brunei… December 4, 2013
- The White Mosque in December 2, 2013
- Learnt a new thing: the airline industry traditionally hoses down a plane on its first flight December 1, 2013
- Rebecca: Hi Azhar. I visited with Usizo tours (http://sowet...
- Rebecca: I visited Soweto a few years ago and we travelled ...
- Azhar Khan (Globe Glimpser): Great Post! I'm really keen to explore Soweto wit...
- Gayla: What a cute creature. I think it may be a devil, ...
- Abi: Still feeling hazy so they're a perfect fit!...
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines