The London Bridge Hotel lives next to London’s record breaking The Shard and is only […]
Archive | England RSS feed for this section
England has plenty to keep the traveller busy – it’s not all about castles, history and countryside (although those are pretty impressive, too!) Read on to find Inside the Travel Lab’s collection of blog posts on Merrye Olde England – and plenty of modern English twists.
As a Londoner, you miss out on London at its polite and polished best. The London that would turn up to a job interview. The London you would take home to meet your parents. The side of London that tourists get to see…
Ah, London. According to some things I read, there’s nothing but high rise buildings, reams […]
What should you do once you’ve seen the classics? With Big Ben, Westminster Abbey and
A golden sofa waits in the lobby of the Radisson on Mercer Street, its spine forming a glamorous backdrop that
There are hotels. And then there are hotels. Places so imaginative, so extraordinary and so unusual that they stand out as experiences in their own right. The Egerton Hotel in Knightsbridge, London, is one of those hotels…
Like many a hotel in London, a Union Jack flag hangs over the doorway of The Rubens at the Palace, the
A clock plods through its strict rhythm as the clink of china echoes through
First off, this article is going to be about finding accommodation in London. Secondly, just how enjoyable are the words Roomorama and the Big City Sleep?
It’s my birthday this week so you’ll have to wait a day for the next travel update. I have some urgent cupcakes to attend to…
Emerging from Clapham Junction’s grey and predictable train station, I saw him straight away. A scarlet…
In nature, most of us find some peace and quiet. In grief, we search for […]
The true City of London, or the Square Mile, forms the financial heart and hub of London. It’s a place of steel and glass, of suits and speed and the habit of gambling on the future rather than rambling on about the past. Yet among some stunning new buildings, the…
“Is it weird to be back?”
I hear that a lot each time I return to this jigsaw-shaped island…
Ronnie Scott’s has become a byword for top quality music. At least to everyone I know. Sadly, as is often the case in all things musical, I was playing catch up from the moment I heard the word “acoustic.” So…
London. A vast metropolis with skyscrapers, a spaghetti-tangled underground system and arguably more than four international airports, not to mention a parking system so complex that even residents need a helpline.
Teddington Gate – One Entrance to Bushy Park
The monks who chose to settle here must have had an eye for beauty and antennae for peace, and it’s hard to imagine a more restful place for those…
Everyone talks in whispers, the omnipresent classical music giving the atmosphere of a reverential mass, or perhaps a mix between a library, an art gallery and heartbreak hotel.
It no longer surprises me that this innocent country scene was once a training ground for war; the water holds many secrets here in the Peak District.
Formerly a no-go area, street artists with vision have covered doorways and walls with innovative colourful work…
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- 17 Ways To Take Better Photos From Trains – Photography for Beginners August 30, 2013
- Holy Smoke. A Mayan Massage in Mexico April 10, 2013
- The Beach with the Buffalo, Hong Kong May 17, 2013
- Checking out the history of time at the Science Museum. In other words March 8, 2014
- A Glimpse of Mount Vesuvius March 5, 2014
- Sometimes simple is best March 3, 2014
- Hope everyone had a good St David’s weekend… March 2, 2014
- 7 of The Best Travel Apps March 2, 2014
- Mark @ hotelove.sk: Stunning pics. Valencia is on my to-do list for a ...
- Jaryd Krause (@Ausglobetrotter): Amazing shots! and your right, everybody sees thin...
- Selma: Volcanoes: they have the power to grant life, and ...
- islandmomma: Don't know about the apps but I really would like...
- Ronny: Gotta love that escalator lol ... Melbourne looks ...
- British Virgin Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines