Reflections from one small country to another… So here we are again, floating in that […]
Archive | Inspire Me RSS feed for this section
Inside the Travel Lab aims to inspire you to travel, to think, to live and to make the most of your one life on this planet.
First of all, I’m sorry. I heard some bad things about you. More than once […]
Why South Africa is called the Rainbow Nation I’m in South Africa right now and […]
The Sofitel on Ngo Quyen Street, Hanoi, is not a beautiful hotel. At least, that’s […]
Amid the smoke, the fire, and the ferocious turquoise bubbles in this part of Kyushu, […]
Cwtch, Pembrokeshire To the uninitiated, cwtch does not sound like a pleasant word. For those […]
In Myanmar/Burma, people use thanaka on their cheeks to stay beautiful and to protect against […]
A voyage to the end of the earth… As a child, the journey lasted forever. […]
Sunlight shifts over gold, silver and sapphires in the ordered, sheltered aisles of the covered […]
That gorgeous buttercup-yellow sunset above (over here if you can’t see it on your gadget-y […]
Tomorrow it will be too late to plan and too late to pack.
Tomorrow, the dragon route begins…
Kamakura. It’s one of those words I’d never heard until I went to Yokote in north Japan.
Snow was falling as I arrived in the city, 260 miles from Tokyo. Softly at first, like…
When the change came, the island held its breath. What would happen the following day?
Would people turn up to work? Or would they leave?
It only takes two hundred and thirty nine steps to reach a completely different city. To reach a song from the past that hauntingly blends with the snow that falls without sound.
The Club, Barbados My room has the perfect view. At dawn, sparkle spills across the […]
“In the cool of the evening we rode in the country and were perfectly enraptured […]
1) That where you’re from matters more than I want to believe. 2012 was the […]
“If you see a door, open it.”
No, these weren’t the words of a self-help guru or spiritual master. These were the words of a Torontonian as she left us at…
Sometimes I dream that I am falling. Apparently, everyone does. But more often than that…
And so I have travelled around the world through other people’s photos, drunk and giddy with power to begin with before becoming rather overwhelmed by all the talent out there by the end…
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- Twelve Things Travel Taught Me in 2012 January 4, 2013
- What is Home, Anyway? March 8, 2013
- What’s so special about Berlin? January 20, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- Need A Dose of Christmas Cheer? December 10, 2013
- The Soweto Mandela Leaves Behind December 6, 2013
- Blue octopus hats are all the rage in December 4, 2013
- Introducing Brunei… December 4, 2013
- The White Mosque in December 2, 2013
- Abi King: Ooh - glad the quiz is popular. I love doing them ...
- Abi King: Thanks for the info - I agree, they're great ways...
- Abi King: Thank you. Good to hear more stories about positiv...
- Abi King: I had expensive camera gear with me - no problem (...
- Abi King: Ah yes, I've had a couple of Christmases in the s...
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines