In Paris: There is More to Life Than… Well, dear readers, right now I am […]
Tag Archives | Best Photos
I like trains, I really do. Given the right conditions, I love train travel. But, […]
Why would you sleep in an ice hotel? Why would you sleep in an ice […]
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live […]
Why South Africa is called the Rainbow Nation I’m in South Africa right now and […]
Is it Burma or Myanmar? I arrived under cover of darkness. Deep, night, darkness. I […]
That gorgeous buttercup-yellow sunset above (over here if you can’t see it on your gadget-y […]
It only takes two hundred and thirty nine steps to reach a completely different city. To reach a song from the past that hauntingly blends with the snow that falls without sound.
And so I have travelled around the world through other people’s photos, drunk and giddy with power to begin with before becoming rather overwhelmed by all the talent out there by the end…
The time has come, however, for me to make my choice and announce the winner of the “green” category. I dreamed of writing about chlorophyll, the pigment that gives nature its very green colour and that also helps create oxygen and sugar from sunlight and water. Then, Kermit the frog popped into my head…
Right now I’m at the airport, dashing to repack and catch my flight. Shorts and…
The truth behind the photos at Atlantis…
Can you really trust your eyes when it comes to colour?
Today, I arrived in Barcelona. It’s not my first time but it has been a long time. And things have changed…
A surprise encounter in the Grenadines…
This week, I’ve been dipping my toes in the Caribbean waters of the Grenadines. St Vincent and the Grenadines to give its full title – and since St Vincent’s is the main island it seems almost disrespectful not to.
To locals, however, St Vincent’s is Vincy and the whole speckled island flock goes by the name of…
Birds. With one stretch of their wings they can soar and glide through the sky with a majesty and freedom that man (and woman) can still only dream of. They are majestic, magnificent and make driving home for Christmas seem insignificant when compared to their staggering migratory paths.
They also freak me out…
There’s a moment when this seems like the most graceless activity imaginable. Spitting onto someone else’s property and clamping your teeth onto oversized rubber. Then there’s the waddle with the flippers (sorry fins) before a tumble over the edge of the boat into the water…
I’ve arrived in Sydney, a little dazed, a little confused. Apparently that’s
Ouchijuku Village, Japan For some reason, these photos look calm. Yet in reality, a blizzard […]
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- 17 Ways To Take Better Photos From Trains – Photography for Beginners August 30, 2013
- Holy Smoke. A Mayan Massage in Mexico April 10, 2013
- Tulips in Amsterdam April 5, 2013
- Fond memories of the fresh honeycomb for breakfast at @OneAldwych March 11, 2014
- Can you guess where I am?! (Psst, near @OneAldwych ) March 9, 2014
- Checking out the history of time at the Science Museum. In other words March 8, 2014
- A Glimpse of Mount Vesuvius March 5, 2014
- Sometimes simple is best March 3, 2014
- Steven Garrett: What a stunning photo. Did you take it?...
- Will Xie: Abi, Welcome to China again！...
- Anesa: Kreuzberg: soak in the Turkish market, an outside ...
- Adam: When I take a swing through Cardiff, I'll have to...
- Mark @ hotelove.sk: Stunning pics. Valencia is on my to-do list for a ...
- British Virgin Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines