I’m just back from my #IronRoute project – travelling from Istanbul to Berlin by train in order to zig-zag across the former Iron Curtain. I wanted to find out more about the countries that used to live on either side of the border…
Tag Archives | Best Video
Collection of the best travel movies from global adventure blog Inside the Travel Lab. From rock concerts to buffalo rides, icy adventure cruises to interviews with costume designers, explore your world through video…
Another four am start. Another cold morning. Another walk through darkness and another outstanding experience. […]
Just when you think you’ve done it all (Well most of it. A lot. At least half. OK, so some adventures at least) along comes something new. Welcome to canyoning…
As it turns out, once you’ve made the jump (ahem) into the water to take still photos with a piece of technology, it’s then very easy to switch to the video mode and…
Men form a semi-circle on the sand, arching their backs and turning their faces towards the sun. But this isn’t a wellness retreat or a yoga lesson.
It’s surfing. And this is a surf lesson…
Last year, I was lucky enough to travel inside the Formula One Paddock and interview Lotus race engineer Gianluca Pisanello.
This year, I bring you the view from the track from inside the safety car…
Seattle’s Pike Place Market has pulled off an outrageously flamboyant version of the American Dream: it’s made selling fish sexy.
A Beginner’s Guide As promised in The Sony NEX-5 Camera – The Travel Photography […]
Emerging from Clapham Junction’s grey and predictable train station, I saw him straight away. A scarlet…
When the US occupied the Okinawa islands in southwest Japan, they switched the rules of the road to make everyone drive on the right. These remote Yaeyama islanders did what they had always done: they let the water buffalo choose the route.
So simple, so fresh, so utterly amazing. Ice and fire fascinate me at a […]
Karen Christoffersen, the costume designer at Copenhagen’s Circus, introduced me to the science behind the sparkly bra. As with so much in the world, there’s much more to it than…
Bright white and blue – that’s the typical image of a glacier, isn’t it? Milky glacial water, iridescent ice and a sky full of sunshine or perhaps the swirl of falling snow.
The Baird Glacier in southeast Alaska has a rather different chemistry…
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- Twelve Things Travel Taught Me in 2012 January 4, 2013
- What is Home, Anyway? March 8, 2013
- What’s so special about Berlin? January 20, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- The Soweto Mandela Leaves Behind December 6, 2013
- Blue octopus hats are all the rage in December 4, 2013
- Introducing Brunei… December 4, 2013
- The White Mosque in December 2, 2013
- Learnt a new thing: the airline industry traditionally hoses down a plane on its first flight December 1, 2013
- Rebecca: Hi Azhar. I visited with Usizo tours (http://sowet...
- Rebecca: I visited Soweto a few years ago and we travelled ...
- Azhar Khan (Globe Glimpser): Great Post! I'm really keen to explore Soweto wit...
- Gayla: What a cute creature. I think it may be a devil, ...
- Abi: Still feeling hazy so they're a perfect fit!...
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines