A boy kicks a football in the red, barren dust. A cloud of burned, breathless […]
Tag Archives | History
The greatest stories of the past become what we call history today .These travel blog posts bring to life the best and the worst moments of history that can still be found by travelling around the world today…
When it comes to colour in South Africa, perhaps there’s no better place to start […]
Napoleon is remembered for a great many things. Conquering most of Europe, for example. Overthrowing […]
Why South Africa is called the Rainbow Nation I’m in South Africa right now and […]
Spoiler. I’m not that girl. I’m the one behind the camera. Right now, I’m in […]
Aswan For over two thousand years people have stood where I’m standing now. And yet […]
Picture the scene: 30 books open at the same page, a scattering of scarlet gingham […]
Around the corner is the Old Quarter. Around the corner is the vision of Hanoi […]
The Cour des Loges Hotel Review As hotels go, the Cour des Loges didn’t need […]
Yes, this is supposed to be a site about unusual journeys and, yes, tulips in Amsterdam are about as unusual as finding a long queue and a surly stare at airport security. But…
When the change came, the island held its breath. What would happen the following day?
Would people turn up to work? Or would they leave?
The problem, if you happened to be a slave owner, was that slaves just kept on dying. It was bad for business. Arguably, this also caused problems if you happened to be a slave, but…
It only takes two hundred and thirty nine steps to reach a completely different city. To reach a song from the past that hauntingly blends with the snow that falls without sound.
Part two about slavery in Barbados – and how it’s not what you might expect.
The Club, Barbados My room has the perfect view. At dawn, sparkle spills across the […]
I love the medieval city of Girona, although a city this size scarcely seems large […]
A non-descript side street, a stained white wall. Paint peeling from the window frames and sidelong glances from passersby.
Stopping for a drink in Sydney’s deadliest district…
The final instalment of the Iron Route Journey. East, West, Good, Bad, Win, Lose, Draw.
Another look at 1989.
Sometimes things go wrong in life. The printer at the car hire company breaks, the sat nav doesn’t work, the
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- Twelve Things Travel Taught Me in 2012 January 4, 2013
- What is Home, Anyway? March 8, 2013
- What’s so special about Berlin? January 20, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- Need A Dose of Christmas Cheer? December 10, 2013
- The Soweto Mandela Leaves Behind December 6, 2013
- Blue octopus hats are all the rage in December 4, 2013
- Introducing Brunei… December 4, 2013
- The White Mosque in December 2, 2013
- #NGTRadar: Travel Lately – Intelligent Travel: […] before he was imprisoned, and returned ...
- marko: beautiful pictures, definitely should add coast pi...
- Melissa: I'd never even heard of a quoll. *Heads to Google...
- Abi King: Ooh - glad the quiz is popular. I love doing them ...
- Abi King: Thanks for the info - I agree, they're great ways...
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines