For two hours now, I’ve watched the waves curl one across the other in a […]
Tag Archives | Life
Sometimes I feel very lucky. Lucky to have been born in a certain part of […]
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live […]
Reflections from one small country to another… So here we are again, floating in that […]
Right now I’m in Sorrento. It’s a multicoloured town that clings to the hills and […]
Cwtch, Pembrokeshire To the uninitiated, cwtch does not sound like a pleasant word. For those […]
Taking Stock Somehow, four years have passed since I started this blog. In that time […]
Conversation in the passport processing centre… Passport lady: which photo do you want me to […]
The #DragonRoute ends – and the write-up begins Images and whispers dance through my mind, […]
Over 2000 years ago, the Babylonians carved their world into the Imago Mundi map of stone. In 1499, Juan de la Cosa risked his life…
Right now I’m at the airport, dashing to repack and catch my flight. Shorts and…
Photos and a mystery from above the clouds in Colombia…
Today, I arrived in Barcelona. It’s not my first time but it has been a long time. And things have changed…
This week, I’ve been dipping my toes in the Caribbean waters of the Grenadines. St Vincent and the Grenadines to give its full title – and since St Vincent’s is the main island it seems almost disrespectful not to.
To locals, however, St Vincent’s is Vincy and the whole speckled island flock goes by the name of…
Whatever else Dubai is known for, it isn’t for its quiet spots and it isn’t for its minimalism. On my
Umbria, Cumbria. How one little letter changes muddy, murky mulch into overflowing olive groves.
How do we know when we’ve arrived when we travel? Because we recognise the image we’ve already seen. We think we’re chasing new experiences but we’re actually chasing our memories.” Dr Gillespie
There are some things in life that I’m not very good at. Many, actually, but some of them are more obvious
I was looking for a photo to use as a test while I’m sprucing up Inside the Travel Lab – you know, washing behind its ears, dampening down tufts of hair and generally trying to get it to look its Sunday Best – when I found this.
The sight of
I’ve been away from Seville for a long time. Not long enough to forget the sharp near salty tang of the local fino sherry, that bitter sensation that once warmed my throat like turpentine before seducing me with its subtler flavours. Not long enough to forget the…
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- 17 Ways To Take Better Photos From Trains – Photography for Beginners August 30, 2013
- Holy Smoke. A Mayan Massage in Mexico April 10, 2013
- The Beach with the Buffalo, Hong Kong May 17, 2013
- Can you guess where I am?! (Psst, near @OneAldwych ) March 9, 2014
- Checking out the history of time at the Science Museum. In other words March 8, 2014
- A Glimpse of Mount Vesuvius March 5, 2014
- Sometimes simple is best March 3, 2014
- Hope everyone had a good St David’s weekend… March 2, 2014
- Anesa: Kreuzberg: soak in the Turkish market, an outside ...
- Adam: When I take a swing through Cardiff, I'll have to...
- Mark @ hotelove.sk: Stunning pics. Valencia is on my to-do list for a ...
- Jaryd Krause (@Ausglobetrotter): Amazing shots! and your right, everybody sees thin...
- Selma: Volcanoes: they have the power to grant life, and ...
- British Virgin Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines