Hong Kong excels at two levels: on the ground amid the colours, the chaos, and […]
Tag Archives | Best Luxury Places
A carefully hand-picked selection of some of the best luxury places in the world. From luxury hotels to luxury restaurants to luxury experiences…Here’s where you can find the best the world has to offer…
The Sofitel on Ngo Quyen Street, Hanoi, is not a beautiful hotel. At least, that’s […]
Twice I arrived at the Mira, expecting it to be empty; twice I met a […]
Testing out Cathay’s New Business Class Cathay Pacific have been scooping up awards left and […]
The Cour des Loges Hotel Review As hotels go, the Cour des Loges didn’t need […]
A priest. A still-beating heart. Blood flowing down sacrificial steps until it flooded the ground some 30 metres below.
That’s my first mental image of Mayan culture, the…
I’m not sure which I saw first. The creeping hands…The lashing tail…Fervent, frantic, fevered wings dipping into water…Or something else entirely……
Sometimes, you have to work hard to see wildlife. And when I say sometimes, I […]
It’s one of those days. My fingertips are racing across the keyboard, images of cinnamon, chilli spice and chocolate dance through my head and my notebook overfloweth with scribbles of what I have seen. Or, more accurately…
In the space of five minutes, we’ve travelled through five countries: Mexico, Peru, Lebanon, Morocco and Korea.
There’s a moment when this seems like the most graceless activity imaginable. Spitting onto someone else’s property and clamping your teeth onto oversized rubber. Then there’s the waddle with the flippers (sorry fins) before a tumble over the edge of the boat into the water…
A golden sofa waits in the lobby of the Radisson on Mercer Street, its spine forming a glamorous backdrop that
There are hotels. And then there are hotels. Places so imaginative, so extraordinary and so unusual that they stand out as experiences in their own right. The Egerton Hotel in Knightsbridge, London, is one of those hotels…
Fika. So said the letters, so said my host. It was not yet four in the afternoon and I began to brace myself.
The word fika, I decided, had all the hallmarks of a potent local spirit, the sort that could stand in for paint stripper on an identity parade and would give you a headache as soon as look at you…
Like many a hotel in London, a Union Jack flag hangs over the doorway of The Rubens at the Palace, the
Picture this: a beach of white sand that curves to clasp the Indian Ocean. Palm trees fluttering at the edges of your vision. The crash and sigh of the waves in the distance. I open my eyes and…
A clock plods through its strict rhythm as the clink of china echoes through
In the world’s largest delta, transport takes place on water. While a few motorised boats cruise along the main waterway, to travel through the reeds, you still need a traditional mokoro…
he Hospes Palacio de los Patos, a luxury hotel in Granada, has a story. Maybe even a story and a half.
Built in 1890 or so, as a grand expression of fine living in Granada, it quickly acquired the nickname of the “Palace of the Ducks” – a cheeky reference to…
Ferran Adria, head chef at the world’s best restaurant, talks about women, words and how bloggers are changing gastronomy.
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- What is Home, Anyway? March 8, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- Do you know Pembrokeshire and St David’s? July 10, 2013
- Holy Smoke. A Mayan Massage in Mexico April 10, 2013
- Blue octopus hats are all the rage in December 4, 2013
- Introducing Brunei… December 4, 2013
- The White Mosque in December 2, 2013
- Learnt a new thing: the airline industry traditionally hoses down a plane on its first flight December 1, 2013
- The view from where women leave their shoes… December 1, 2013
- Thomas Dembie: Great post! How easy is it to get in to the countr...
- Melissa: I love the way that the hazy quality in all these ...
- A Lady in London: Beautiful! I was there last year and loved it!...
- Samual: hey nice post man and great picture.Hope i can go ...
- Colleen Setchell: Pembrokeshire is an incredibly beautiful part of t...
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines