This wasn’t how it was supposed to be. I was lost, it was wet and […]
Tag Archives | Outdoors
This page gathers together travel blog posts from some of the best wild and open places in the world to celebrate the great outdoors. Take a deep breath and plunge right in to the fresh air…
Climbing the Dragon’s Spine, China It curved and clawed away from me as I stared […]
Tomorrow, I’m heading to Africa. (Although it will probably be today by the time you […]
Is it Burma or Myanmar? I arrived under cover of darkness. Deep, night, darkness. I […]
Amid the smoke, the fire, and the ferocious turquoise bubbles in this part of Kyushu, […]
Hot on the heels from my own short break in Pembrokeshire, here, as promised, is […]
Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be. Let’s leave aside the […]
Cwtch, Pembrokeshire To the uninitiated, cwtch does not sound like a pleasant word. For those […]
Spain has the Tomatina, Britain has cheese-rolling and Texas has rodeo. Step forward Australia, with […]
Lantau, Hong Kong On Lantau Island at the mouth of the Pearl River, the buffalo […]
Climbing the dragon’s back route in Hong Kong w @CathayPacificUK On The Road… Zoom…These pics […]
The Dragon’s Back on the in Longji, China On The Road… Zoom…These pics come straight […]
Photo on the Go: Emerging from my overnight @Dragonair flight to a Hong Kong slowly shedding its mist… @instaweatherpro
Emerging from my overnight @Dragonair flight to a Hong Kong slowly shedding its mist… @instaweatherpro […]
Photo on the Go: Sticky and spicy even late at night. A parasol lit by a lantern. @instaweatherpro #myanmar(burma)
Sticky and spicy even late at night. A parasol lit by a lantern. @instaweatherpro #myanmar(burma) […]
Sometimes, you need to take the time to stop. To pause for breath. To fill your senses with everything that’s beautiful and to let the world’s cares, concerns and curmudgeonly characteristics sit sloppily in a pile to be dealt with tomorrow…
Kakadu. The sound is soft yet distinctive, like a bird call that rolls and unfolds across the willows and the reeds, the waters, the low and smoky air, to reach me on the scrunched and scorched soil. On the earth that is itself Kakadu.
Sometimes I dream that I am falling. Apparently, everyone does. But more often than that…
As a way of throwing money away this seemed to be a particularly pointless exercise. We were standing at the foot of the Tegelberg mountain
This summer, I was lucky enough to make a solo trip to Alaska. While this wasn’t my first
The view from where I’m sitting involves a stack of post-it notes, papers and files. Through the window, a limp and lifeless cloud suffocates the air, not shifting, not darkening. Nothing.
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- 17 Ways To Take Better Photos From Trains – Photography for Beginners August 30, 2013
- Holy Smoke. A Mayan Massage in Mexico April 10, 2013
- The Beach with the Buffalo, Hong Kong May 17, 2013
- Can you guess where I am?! (Psst, near @OneAldwych ) March 9, 2014
- Checking out the history of time at the Science Museum. In other words March 8, 2014
- A Glimpse of Mount Vesuvius March 5, 2014
- Sometimes simple is best March 3, 2014
- Hope everyone had a good St David’s weekend… March 2, 2014
- Mark @ hotelove.sk: Stunning pics. Valencia is on my to-do list for a ...
- Jaryd Krause (@Ausglobetrotter): Amazing shots! and your right, everybody sees thin...
- Selma: Volcanoes: they have the power to grant life, and ...
- islandmomma: Don't know about the apps but I really would like...
- Ronny: Gotta love that escalator lol ... Melbourne looks ...
- British Virgin Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines