Aswan For over two thousand years people have stood where I’m standing now. And yet […]
Tag Archives | Politics
The song sounded soulful but also a little sad. The man’s voice, with a tremor likely absent in his youth, addressed the crowd as though we were but one.
One person. A girl. A friend. A home. I couldn’t quite be sure, losing words as they…
It was the second time I’d stood on the banks of the Vltava River in Prague, watching the
Who needs cobbled streets and medieval mysteries when you can have psychedelic colours, wonky lines and hearts full of passion?
The year is 1945 and ash, smoke, poverty and despair rise through the rubble of Europe.
You have to put yourself in my shoes.
Boots, really, with thick rubber soles to keep out the cold and to keep a foothold on the ice. Boots that worked hard and worked fast, striding between commuters in a winter-worn Budapest. Five feet, six inches above them, a troubled mind tangled through what it had just seen.
A man casts a glance over his shoulder before arching back and casting his line into the water. The street chatter and rush hour traffic drown out the subtle splash but from the look on his face, you’d think he stood alone in the countryside, miles from anyone, miles from anywhere.
In Cuba, I spent most of my time on the streets. It’s a Caribbean country with a laid-back vibe, whatever
The Broken Chair jolts out of the dreary Place des Nations in Geneva. Surrounded by steady traffic and standing opposite the European UN Headquarters, I found its size, odd rust-green colour and geometrical..
Everyone talks in whispers, the omnipresent classical music giving the atmosphere of a reverential mass, or perhaps a mix between a library, an art gallery and heartbreak hotel.
England, France, Spain.
Different dresscodes, different foods, different languages, different outlooks. But when it comes to furniture, Swedish
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- 17 Ways To Take Better Photos From Trains – Photography for Beginners August 30, 2013
- Holy Smoke. A Mayan Massage in Mexico April 10, 2013
- Tulips in Amsterdam April 5, 2013
- Checking out the history of time at the Science Museum. In other words March 8, 2014
- A Glimpse of Mount Vesuvius March 5, 2014
- Sometimes simple is best March 3, 2014
- Hope everyone had a good St David’s weekend… March 2, 2014
- 7 of The Best Travel Apps March 2, 2014
- Mark @ hotelove.sk: Stunning pics. Valencia is on my to-do list for a ...
- Jaryd Krause (@Ausglobetrotter): Amazing shots! and your right, everybody sees thin...
- Selma: Volcanoes: they have the power to grant life, and ...
- islandmomma: Don't know about the apps but I really would like...
- Ronny: Gotta love that escalator lol ... Melbourne looks ...
- British Virgin Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines