A night in Alameda, #Seville… On The Road… Zoom…These pics come straight from my iPhone […]
Tag Archives | Seville
Seville intoxicates, that’s for sure. Its narrow streets drip with oranges for most of the year, it claims to be the birthplace of flamenco and it hosts the biggest and best of Andalucia’s parties, the Feria in April. This page gathers up the best Seville stories and displays them right here…
I’ve been away from Seville for a long time. Not long enough to forget the sharp near salty tang of the local fino sherry, that bitter sensation that once warmed my throat like turpentine before seducing me with its subtler flavours. Not long enough to forget the…
People never believe me, but it’s not always sunny in Spain. Even in Seville, Europe’s hottest city, winters are COLD, COLD, COLD. Well, OK, probably only the one “cold” would have done…
When it came to first impressions, the inside of Seville’s sprawling cathedral left me cold. I saw gloom and scaffolding, dust and darkness, and the dreams and shadows of the Spanish Inquisition lurking behind the many locked gates and doors…
The Seville Communion takes readers into two different worlds. It starts with the priests who guard the Pope’s personal computer in the Vatican. Then we meet Quart, a priest with more than a hint of James Bond and Luca Brazi, who works for the Pope and, well, Christianity at large. He…
“Take a photo of him,” she says, her eyes smoky with eyeliner, her words smudging together in the Andalucían way.
I glance up at the head on the wall.
Short & sweet this week, as I’m travelling through rural Andalucia to places where cyberspace […]
I’ll admit it, I have photo fever at the moment. I’m trying out…
Last week, I wrote about NO8DO, the mysterious motto of Seville. Later that day I received…
Five symbols squeeze together, like children trying to fit into one photograph.
NO8DO, NO8DO, NO8DO.
It’s written on unfurling flags and…
Every ash cloud has a silver lining, as the new saying goes. One unexpected advantage, though, was…
On a spring afternoon, with orange blossom filtering the sunshine, I saw my first one. Looming tall and dressed entirely in black, the hood masked his face before rising upwards to a point above his head. His hands were gloved, the dark robe flowing and two, blinking dark eyes…
The streets of Seville have thronged with Semana Santa this week. Between Palm Sunday and Easter itself, the city hosts a delicate combination of solemn religious processions and a candy-floss-coloured carnival…
It’s Semana Santa or Holy Week in Seville. Here’s a sneak preview of a procession […]
In Seville, children don’t hang stockings on Christmas Eve. They don’t listen for sleigh bells at night and would probably struggle with the concept of snow. Instead…
Sparks fly in Seville – and it’s all in the name of love, eternity and structural maintenance.
For a few years now,
A little further out, however, Seville reveals its modern face, the lights and the energy of a city on the up.
It’s not an urban legend - the streets of Seville really are lined with orange trees. […]
Andalucia has embraced the tomato and created a dish that’s perfect for its parched plains.
Gazpacho, like pizza, had humble beginnings
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- 17 Ways To Take Better Photos From Trains – Photography for Beginners August 30, 2013
- Holy Smoke. A Mayan Massage in Mexico April 10, 2013
- Tulips in Amsterdam April 5, 2013
- Fond memories of the fresh honeycomb for breakfast at @OneAldwych March 11, 2014
- Can you guess where I am?! (Psst, near @OneAldwych ) March 9, 2014
- Checking out the history of time at the Science Museum. In other words March 8, 2014
- A Glimpse of Mount Vesuvius March 5, 2014
- Sometimes simple is best March 3, 2014
- Steven Garrett: What a stunning photo. Did you take it?...
- Will Xie: Abi, Welcome to China again！...
- Anesa: Kreuzberg: soak in the Turkish market, an outside ...
- Adam: When I take a swing through Cardiff, I'll have to...
- Mark @ hotelove.sk: Stunning pics. Valencia is on my to-do list for a ...
- British Virgin Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines