Speed. It thrills when it’s loud, when it feels real, when it’s up close. Fast isn’t just about Formula One, it’s become the keyword for modern life. Faster internet connections, faster food, faster travel and faster friendships.
Tag Archives | Valencia
Last year, I was lucky enough to travel inside the Formula One Paddock and interview Lotus race engineer Gianluca Pisanello.
This year, I bring you the view from the track from inside the safety car…
Valencia. By the hand of fortune, the destiny of throwing rotten tomatoes and
Benidorm. I first learned that word in the UK, as a shortcut for everything that’s wrong with the travel industry. High-rise tower blocks, pissed-up Brits, vomiting and racist insults. Tourists expecting everyone to understand English…
With a blog on unusual journeys, I love unusual food. The combination of a violet floral salad and a secret underground history had me hooked – although Arrop held back the biggest surprise until the end.
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t tired, but as the security guards shine a torch on my pass and I stride around that corner…
It’s a surreal feeling, to come this close. For although the eyes of thousands are watching him, someone now watches me.
The small town of Benicassim on the northeast coast of Spain hosts the annual music festival, FIB. In between catching the likes of Kasabian, the Gorillaz and Dizzee Rascal, I had the chance to take to the skies…
The air in Benicassim throbs with heat, with screams, with expectation. Overhead somewhere, the sky must be thick with darkness but right here, right now…
The Oceanográfico forms part of the spectacular City of Arts & Sciences complex in Valencia. As the largest aquarium in Europe…it makes me uneasy.
“A lot of people talk about the F1 bubble,” says Tom, as reporters walk past in jeans and T-shirts…
Valencia has plenty of street art. Whether you think about it in conventional terms, conjuring up the “graffiti” from Bristol’s edgiest neighbourhood, or in alternative terms…
“It’s about to get extremely loud in here, guys,” says the Lotus spokesman. “Really loud.” I’m in the Lotus Formula One team garage – and with…
I’m delighted to know that even in this Coca-Cola world, travel can still show me some new tricks.
- Twelve Things Travel Taught Me in 2012 January 4, 2013
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- There’s No Place Like…What is Home, Anyway? March 8, 2013
- What’s so special about Berlin? January 20, 2013
- Photo Safari from a Deckchair in the Maldives October 25, 2012
- Prayer cards in a Shinto shrine, Saga June 19, 2013
- Even the caterpillars look glamorous in Japan… June 18, 2013
- From a porcelain workshop high in the Kyushu hills, Japan June 18, 2013
- Water Puppets and Bringing Vietnam to Life June 17, 2013
- Beautiful softly lit lanterns in Japan June 17, 2013
- Abi King: That would be me...Shivering beneath my ski jacket...
- Abi King: I'm just learning about the Japanese one now...No...
- Abi King: No, not at all. It was peaceful and idyllic and a ...
- Abi King: Me too, more or less! It's an excellent way to to...
- Mark: Wonderful shots you got out there! :D Where's the...
- Australia & Oceania
- Best Blog Tips
- Inspire Me
- Make Me Smile
- Make Me Think
- On The Road
- Photos from the Air
- Show Me
- Tempt Me
- The Americas