Speed. It thrills when it’s loud, when it feels real, when it’s up close. Fast isn’t just about Formula One, it’s become the keyword for modern life. Faster internet connections, faster food, faster travel and faster friendships.
Tag Archives | Valencia
Last year, I was lucky enough to travel inside the Formula One Paddock and interview Lotus race engineer Gianluca Pisanello.
This year, I bring you the view from the track from inside the safety car…
Valencia. By the hand of fortune, the destiny of throwing rotten tomatoes and
Benidorm. I first learned that word in the UK, as a shortcut for everything that’s wrong with the travel industry. High-rise tower blocks, pissed-up Brits, vomiting and racist insults. Tourists expecting everyone to understand English…
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t tired, but as the security guards shine a torch on my pass and I stride around that corner…
It’s a surreal feeling, to come this close. For although the eyes of thousands are watching him, someone now watches me.
The small town of Benicassim on the northeast coast of Spain hosts the annual music festival, FIB. In between catching the likes of Kasabian, the Gorillaz and Dizzee Rascal, I had the chance to take to the skies…
The air in Benicassim throbs with heat, with screams, with expectation. Overhead somewhere, the sky must be thick with darkness but right here, right now…
The Oceanográfico forms part of the spectacular City of Arts & Sciences complex in Valencia. As the largest aquarium in Europe…it makes me uneasy.
“A lot of people talk about the F1 bubble,” says Tom, as reporters walk past in jeans and T-shirts…
Valencia has plenty of street art. Whether you think about it in conventional terms, conjuring up the “graffiti” from Bristol’s edgiest neighbourhood, or in alternative terms…
“It’s about to get extremely loud in here, guys,” says the Lotus spokesman. “Really loud.” I’m in the Lotus Formula One team garage – and with…
I’m delighted to know that even in this Coca-Cola world, travel can still show me some new tricks.
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- Twelve Things Travel Taught Me in 2012 January 4, 2013
- What is Home, Anyway? March 8, 2013
- What’s so special about Berlin? January 20, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- In India: Learn as if you were to live forever… December 18, 2013
- Need A Dose of Christmas Cheer? December 10, 2013
- The Soweto Mandela Leaves Behind December 6, 2013
- Blue octopus hats are all the rage in December 4, 2013
- Introducing Brunei… December 4, 2013
- cvail: Fantastic photos. We are privileged that all of o...
- Hogga: all that matters to me is how cute it is...
- suresha: Great list of images and contents. i'm very pleas...
- Jam Icosnap (@icoSnap): I don't know what it is, honestly it's the first...
- Eve Meighen: Very nice post Abi. I love your writing! I've nev...
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines