A boy kicks a football in the red, barren dust. A cloud of burned, breathless […]
Tag Archives | writing
Dust in red still stains my shoes And drumbeats soothe my sleepless senses I am […]
First of all, I’m sorry. I heard some bad things about you. More than once […]
Why South Africa is called the Rainbow Nation I’m in South Africa right now and […]
Spoiler. I’m not that girl. I’m the one behind the camera. Right now, I’m in […]
Is it Burma or Myanmar? I arrived under cover of darkness. Deep, night, darkness. I […]
The lane is full of memories, the lane, this lane in the most holy of […]
Aswan For over two thousand years people have stood where I’m standing now. And yet […]
When the change came, the island held its breath. What would happen the following day?
Would people turn up to work? Or would they leave?
What is home? This week, I was supposed to be travelling. But I was sick. […]
The Club, Barbados My room has the perfect view. At dawn, sparkle spills across the […]
“In the cool of the evening we rode in the country and were perfectly enraptured […]
Before you read this post, I want to make sure you’ve got the right kind […]
Today I moved house. And as I clamber over cardboard boxes in search of tea […]
somewhere between the squelchy feet and droplet-splattered lens I managed to find a few photos to fall in love with. Europe. You may be wet and wild in …
Kakadu. The sound is soft yet distinctive, like a bird call that rolls and unfolds across the willows and the reeds, the waters, the low and smoky air, to reach me on the scrunched and scorched soil. On the earth that is itself Kakadu.
Sometimes life has a very sweet symmetry. This weekend I travel to Mexico, to stand […]
Pinning dreams of the ocean down to the mast in the Grenadines…
Before I open my eyes, I think I can smell the rain outside. It’s early, very early…
A surprise encounter in the Grenadines…
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- Twelve Things Travel Taught Me in 2012 January 4, 2013
- What is Home, Anyway? March 8, 2013
- What’s so special about Berlin? January 20, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- Need A Dose of Christmas Cheer? December 10, 2013
- The Soweto Mandela Leaves Behind December 6, 2013
- Blue octopus hats are all the rage in December 4, 2013
- Introducing Brunei… December 4, 2013
- The White Mosque in December 2, 2013
- Jennifer Steck: A quoll? Learned something new today. I would have...
- Abi King: Pff - of course he did. And very elegantly pointed...
- Abi King: And a possible tombstone message perhaps? Great qu...
- Abi King: Thank you - you too!...
- Abi King: And there was so much more! Great fun :-)...
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines