Sometimes I feel very lucky. Lucky to have been born in a certain part of […]
Tag Archives | writing
Climbing the Dragon’s Spine, China It curved and clawed away from me as I stared […]
A boy kicks a football in the red, barren dust. A cloud of burned, breathless […]
Dust in red still stains my shoes And drumbeats soothe my sleepless senses I am […]
First of all, I’m sorry. I heard some bad things about you. More than once […]
Why South Africa is called the Rainbow Nation I’m in South Africa right now and […]
Spoiler. I’m not that girl. I’m the one behind the camera. Right now, I’m in […]
Cairo I knew that change was coming; I never dreamed it would be this bad. […]
Is it Burma or Myanmar? I arrived under cover of darkness. Deep, night, darkness. I […]
The lane is full of memories, the lane, this lane in the most holy of […]
Aswan For over two thousand years people have stood where I’m standing now. And yet […]
When the change came, the island held its breath. What would happen the following day?
Would people turn up to work? Or would they leave?
What is home? This week, I was supposed to be travelling. But I was sick. […]
The Club, Barbados My room has the perfect view. At dawn, sparkle spills across the […]
“In the cool of the evening we rode in the country and were perfectly enraptured […]
Before you read this post, I want to make sure you’ve got the right kind […]
Today I moved house. And as I clamber over cardboard boxes in search of tea […]
somewhere between the squelchy feet and droplet-splattered lens I managed to find a few photos to fall in love with. Europe. You may be wet and wild in …
Kakadu. The sound is soft yet distinctive, like a bird call that rolls and unfolds across the willows and the reeds, the waters, the low and smoky air, to reach me on the scrunched and scorched soil. On the earth that is itself Kakadu.
Sometimes life has a very sweet symmetry. This weekend I travel to Mexico, to stand […]
- A Glimpse of Mount Vesuvius March 5, 2014
- 5 Ways to Live Like A Local in Seville March 19, 2014
- How To Make A Painkiller in the Caribbean March 12, 2014
- Dress to match the chilli you run past, I say! April 16, 2014
- Meet the Spoons: a cultural icon & family of four in Leipzig April 16, 2014
- Back to school for me today in Leipzig April 15, 2014
- Melissa: Beautiful. This reminds me of my experience on the...
- Sofie: Must be great to dance there. I think I'd let mys...
- Scott: Did you make it to the Soggy Dollar? Their painkil...
- British Virgin Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines