Learn the secrets that published writers know
From the award-winning writer and author Abigail King comes Write Better, Right Now: an online course to help you master the written word.
It will strip the fluff away and teach you powerful techniques to make your writing sing.
It will show you how to put the passion and brilliance of your ideas into words that make other people feel the same way.
How the course works
This course takes place entirely online: you can tune in from anywhere. You will receive three lessons each week and an invitation to join a private Facebook group to chat with students and your tutor. Lessons come with worksheets to help you understand the material better and every module contains immediate advice that you can put into practice RIGHT NOW.
- The secret to great writing. Kick off the course with techniques you can use right now as well as beginning to develop more structure to your writing and writing career. Discover the four core components of bulletproof structure and the biggest secret pro writers know.
- Hello, goodbye and what comes next. How to write introductions that grab attention and finish with the flourish
- Facing the blank page. How to write every time you sit down. Making fact checking fun and how to organise your research.
- Read all about it! The one part of your writing that unlocks the rest. Headlines and captions, the overlooked kingpins. Plus, how to deal with overwhelm and organise your life as a writer.
- The secret spice: Dialogue and interview technique. Pro tips for different scenarios and the steps you need to take to get published (if you want.)
- Once upon a time. The importance of story, in everything. Five point plans, three point structures and an origami approach to creating a story when you write. Plus, a blueprint for your next steps as a writer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I can’t finish the course within 6 weeks?
Zero stress! You will have access to the course materials and the Facebook group for at least 12 months.
How much time do I need?
Of course, it varies, but set aside 3-5 hours a week to make the most of it. But you can pace yourself and spread the lessons out over a year.
What makes this different to other writing courses?
There’s no fluff. No whimsy. It’s full of practical tips that you can actually use right away. This isn’t an ivory tower dreaming exercise, it’s based on real life work and real life editors. Plus, it’s interactive, with a Facebook group where you can chat with other students and your tutor.
What if I’m not sure? What’s your refund policy?
As long as you cancel within seven days, you can get a full refund. By then, you’ll have access to three lessons. We feel confident by then you’ll be happy to stay! But if you’re not, no sweat, no drama. Just let us know within seven days and we’ll issue a refund.
I’m happy to say that after hundreds of students, we’ve never had to to do this, though.
I can’t join now. When will you run the course again?
I’ll be honest, I’m not sure. It depends on other assignments in my schedule. If you don’t want to miss out, it’s best to join right now.
What if I’m already a published writer? Will I learn anything new?
To be honest, that depends. This course contains toolkits that you won’t find anywhere else. However, Stephen King never took the course and he seemed to manage OK. Send across an email if you’re not sure. We’d be happy to answer your questions. Or, you can have a full refund within the first seven days if you think this won’t be for you.
What if I don’t have a blog? And don’t want to be a blogger?
Absolutely no worries. This course is about writing. Where you write doesn’t really matter.
Can I pay in instalments?
Yes! Just drop me a line at [email protected] and I’ll sort you out with a plan.