Even the best wordsmiths get writers block. If you're looking for sunset captions and sunset quotes, let us fire up your imagination. Read, tweak, type and enjoy!
And if you're looking for more help writing captions, then check out our writing resources here.
The Perfect Sunset Captions and Sunset Quotes
When it comes to finding the perfect sunset captions for instagram, you can, of course turn to classic sunset quotes. There's no shortage of instagram captions for sunsets and I've gathered many of my favourite sun setting quotes here.
But don't be afraid to be different. To be creative.
You don't have to rely on quotes about sunset, lyrics about sunsets or any other travel quotes to help you write your caption.
Use one as a starting block and then slowly, but surely, learn to write your own.
People want to hear from you. They want to know your thoughts and to hear your voice.
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE GUIDE
Find simple and easy ways to improve your writing today.
So, the next time you watch sunset, forget about instagram captions and focus on how it feels. What it looks like. What others need to know.
Then sit down and write about that.
In the meantime, here's my collection of sunset captions and sunset quotes to get you started. And to find a great resource for writing instagram captions, check out this article from Helene Sula.
PS - I've provided attribution wherever I can but some of these instagram sunset captions and sunset beach quotes are so popular (and short!) that I can't find the author. If and when I know more, I'll add more. Cheers!
Literary Sunset Captions and Sunset Quotes
Her heart was made of liquid sunsets. — Virginia Woolf
Don't forget beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies. - Paulo Coelho
Sunset is so marvellous that even the sun itself watches it every day in the reflections of the infinite oceans! Mehmet Murat İldan
Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sunset is the opening music of the night. — Mehmet Murat İldan
To watch a sunset is to connect with the Divine. — Gina De Gorna
When the sun has set, no candle can replace it. — George R.R. Martin
The horizon changes but the sun does not. — Joyce Rachelle
Never go too long without watching a sunset. — Atticus
Sunsets are loved because they vanish. — Ray Bradbury
May every sunrise hold more promise and every sunset hold more peace. – Umair Siddiqui
Every sunset is an opportunity to reset.– Richie Norton
When the sun is setting, leave whatever you are doing and watch it. – Mehmet Murat Ildan
Short and Funny Sunset Captions & Puns
Sometimes short sunset captions are the best. You don't always need an essay.
Here are some sunset instagram captions that get to the point. And fast.
- Life’s a beach. Sunsets make it better.
- This sunset stole a pizza our hearts.
- Sundown is my kind of meltdown.
- Paradise is anywhere the sky looks pretty.
- I tried to see the sunset but there was dusk in my eyes.
- Want to race to the sunset? I bet I can beach you to it.
- It’s all sun and games until somebody gets hurt…or burnt.
- Sun of a beach that’s a nice sunset!
- Sunset. Funset.
- Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
- Watch more sunsets than Netflix.
- I stayed up all night wondering where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
Gorgeous, Colourful Sunset Captions
- Keep palm and find pink skies.
- When the sky turns pink, it’s time for a drink.
- You don’t need a beautiful sunset to be inspired, just Photoshop.
- Fifty shades of…red, orange, pink, and purple?
- Reading under the sun made me well-red.
- Golden hour is my happy hour.
- Take me where the sky lights up in the colours of a fiery sunset.
- Starry eyes and candy-coloured skies.
Sassy Sunset Captions
- Not everyone has to ride off into the sunset with a man. Some of us just want a tan.
- Sunset is about the only thing I can afford to watch right now.
- Girls just wanna have sunsets.
- Dear, sunsets. We think about you all the time.
- Today I saw a red and yellow sunset and thought, how insignificant I am! Of course, I thought that yesterday too, and it rained. ― Woody Allen
Romantic Sunset Captions
Cuddle up and feel the love with these romantic sunset quotes. OK, so some of these are cheesy. But who can honestly say that they have never been moved by sunset love quotes?!
- Let's spend all of our sunsets together.
- All I ever wanted was to dream another sunset with you. — Mayday Parade, Jamie All Over
- Someday, you will find the one who will watch every sunrise with you until the sunset of your life.
- I love you to the sunset and back.
- Sunsets and my soulmate.
- Sunsets are prettier whenever I'm with you.
- Meet me where the sky touches the sea. — Jennifer Donnelly
Travel Sunset Captions
Every one of a hundred thousand cities around the world had its own special sunset and it was worth going there, just once, if only to see the sun go down. — Ryu Murakami
There's too many things I haven't done yet. There's too many sunsets I haven't seen. — Sara Bareilles, "Many the Miles"
We can always be chasing the sun. — Sara Bareilles, "Chasing The Sun"
There's a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they're absolutely free. Don't miss so many of them. — Jo Walton
Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing. — Dr. Seuss
Inspirational Sunset Captions
Nothing can dim the light which shines from within. — Maya Angelou
We are seekers of everyday magic.
Never waste any amount of time doing anything important when there is a sunset outside that you should be sitting under! — C. JoyBell C
That was her magic — she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. — Atticus
Sunsets are proof that endings can often be beautiful too. — Beau Taplin
Quotes about Sunsets You Haven't Seen Before
You can see the city, all jiggledy, higgledy, wriggledy, piggledy in ochre and red, sunset yellow and chrome, jostling to overhang the river. Girona, Abigail King.
Towering limestone rises out of the water at sunrise and sunset like a theatre curtain, emerging and then sinking back into the shadows as the night falls. Ankarana, Madagascar, Abigail King.
Sabah offers up blood red sunsets and bold, bewildering wildlife. Abigail King.
Bring your binoculars and drink in the soothing silence of sunset. Look out for kingfishers and ducks amid the swaying reeds above and crayfish and eels below. Italy, Abigail King.
What makes this one of the best wildlife experiences in the world is the beauty of the water itself, the calmness in the reeds, and the elephants that wander past at sunset. The Okavango Delta, Abigail King.
At the shore of Lake Geneva, the fading sight of sunset lifted my thoughts. Abigail King.
The name comes from the Arabic “al hamra,” the red one. Its stocky outside walls wear the standard European fortress look, albeit with an unexpected glimpse of charisma at sunset, when they glow a soft copper-red against the lilac night sky.
Inside, however, reveals a completely different world. The Alhambra, Abigail King.
Petra at sunset isn’t a place you want to leave. It looks beautiful, you feel hot and tired and there’s a professional army of touts with a menagerie of animals whose job it is to make you stay. Donkeys, camels, horses, chariots. They all promise to make your journey easier and to let you stretch out time itself. Jordan, Abigail King.
Don't forget to enjoy the actual sunset! There are more important things in the world than sunset instagram captions!