What do you buy for someone who loves Italy? Why authentic Italian gifts, of course! Here’s our gift guide to the best Italian themed gifts for people who love Italy. Bellissima!
The Best Italian Themed Gifts: Gifts for Italy Lovers
Personalised Italian Leather Purse
Handmade in Florence, Italy, the W1 Leather Purse from Von Baer is made from the highest quality full-grain, vegetable-tanned Nappa leather. It protects your personal data using RFID technology, and has a number of useful internal compartments. The W1 is available in red, black, or brown leather. Personalize it with a laser engraving to make it an extra special gift.
Fashionable and elegant, the Elegance leather tote bag is a luxurious gift for someone special. It’s made from Premium vegetable-tanned full-grain Italian leather, which will age beautifully with patina, and comes with a detachable shoulder strap. You can personalise it with a laser engraving, and have it gift wrapped too.
Gorgeous Murano Glass Gifts
Venetian glass from the island of Murano celebrates Italy with a great explosion of beauty and colour. Any Italy lover will know that this is a gift that comes with thought and craftsmanship.
You can go for whimsical decorative items like these Murano glass sweets above. Or head into the jewellery category below…
These beautiful Murano glass pendants from nerovenezia come highly recommended for their colour and craftsmanship. Find the necklaces on Etsy here.
Italian Gifts for Him
In an ideal world, of course, we wouldn’t need gender stereotypes. However, in the meantime.. Here are some gorgeous Italian gifts for the man in your life.
Some unique Italy gift ideas specifically aimed at guys:
Indulge in a little shirt jewellery with these Italian gift ideas:
- Italian flag cuff links keep the country top of mind.
- The Da Vinci Vitruvian Man cuff links feel more erudite.
- And the stovetop espresso cuff links are a little more fun.
Or you could take things up a notch with these custom pins and cufflinks. You can add his name and other personal touches to really set your gift apart from the rest.
Likewise, with a gentleman’s apparel, you can have some fun or aim for a more stylish option:
Italian Food Gifts
Food makes one of the best Italian gifts because, well, if you have to ask, are you really an Italy lover?! Whether you’re searching for gifts for Italians or presents for those who simply love Italian stuff, then start with food and you can’t go far wrong.
Pasta Making Machine
One of the best Italian themed gifts imaginable is the Made in Italy humble pasta maker.
Arm yourself with the recipe for how to make a real ragu and spend hours amid flour and egg yolk, rolling and turning and twisting pasta into different shapes.
Because, in all honesty, you can’t beat fresh pasta. However, it doesn’t make a great gift on its own as it has such a short shelf life. But give the gift of a pasta machine… and it’s a whole different story.
Where would Italians be without their coffee? Grab a taste of their beans (if not their fashion flair) with Italian brand Illy’s classic coffee.
You have so much scope when it comes to shopping for wine as an Italian gift, from your local supermarket to specialised bottle shops and department stores. Unique Italian gifts are designed to be shared, after all. One of the best ways to find your way through the maze is to shop with a tried and tested high quality retailer:
- Try the Fortnum & Mason Italian Wine Quartet Gift Set here.
- Read more about the best Italian sparkling wines here.
Nothing says Italian chocolate like Baci, the kiss from Perugia. One of the best trips to Italy I ever had the pleasure of undertaking was to this factory in Umbria. Delicious. And completely authentic.
The Best Italian Books as Gift Ideas
These Italian gifts are long lasting and beautiful. Get inspired by some of the best books about Italy. With great options like these, you can’t go wrong.
Gorgeous Italian Themed Coffee Table Gift Books
Gorgeous coffee table books never go out of style. A rich, illustrated book on Italy is always a good idea.
- The hardback Rome: Portrait of a City combines photographs from the 1840s to today to showcase one of the world’s most fascinating cities.
- The Vatican: All the Paintings serves as a reference book or a keeper of memories from previous visits.
- The Italian Gentleman takes a look at the history of fashion through the personal tailors of Italy, interviewed by a French columnist. It’s a wonderful journey through Italian style.
Italian Guidebooks and Phrase Books
If you’re shopping for someone planning a trip to Italy, then a gorgeous guidebook still makes a great gift even in this age of technology. Holiday season or not.
- The Lonely Planet complete guide to Italy – great for someone spending a long time in Italy or planning a trip themselves.
- Fodor’s Essential Italy is another good choice, with a free health and safety guide eBook available for a limited time.
- The Kids’ Travel Guide to Italy and Rome is a fun way to prepare children for an upcoming adventure.
- Rick Steves’ Italian Phrasebook and Dictionary is a fantastic Italian-themed gift to get people practising their Italian before they go. What a great idea!
Enjoy this fabulous collection of stories and recipes for Italian cookies all packaged together into a gorgeous gift book.
Unique Italian Culture Gift Ideas
A Virtual Italian Cooking Lesson or Wine Tasting
Transport your friend or family member to the land of the Boot through an online cooking course. If you’re lucky, you may get to share the experience with them – or at least the end result.
You can obviously go in several different directions here, either rounding up reprints of the masters, photographs of gorgeous Italian cities or indulging in nostalgic Italian travel-related art.
I love these Italian prints from Studio Inception, for example.
Funny Italian Gifts
Simply no-one’s life is complete without a pair of Italian themed socks like these. Keeps that dream trip in mind every time you do the laundry!
Or you could take it one step further with a pizza box of socks… They even come in different sizes.
An Italian Themed Doormat
Feel Italian coming and going, with this Italian speaking doormat from Etsy.
An Italian Apron
And another perfect addition to a fun Italian gift fest is this Italian flag apron on Amazon.
Make Your Own Italian Themed Gift Basket
When it comes to Italy themed gift ideas, the most flexible option for special occasions is the Italian gift basket. What’s more, it’s something you can easily make yourself if you need to keep the price down. And, let’s face it, sometimes a personally curated Italian gift basket means more than a shop bought one. Especially for an Italian food lover.
How to Make Your Own Italian Themed Gift Basket
It’s easier than you think to make your own Italian gift sets.
Start with a basket or wooden box, add some scrunched tissue paper or shredded padding and then hit up your local delicatessen for some gorgeous Italian foods.
Think different shapes of pasta, a selection of amaretti biscuits, a bottle of limoncello, some Illy coffee, pecorino and parmesan cheese, parma ham, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and a panettone. All Italian gifts from Italy and perfect for homemade gift baskets.
Alternatively, Order a Pre-made Hamper of Italian Gifts
You can make this a luxury gift by ordering a pre-made hamper or more of a bargain if you shop locally and round up inexpensive gifts from Italy.
- Here’s a ready made Italian themed gift basket you can buy on Amazon and here’s a gourmet Italian hamper from Delicario.
Gift Ideas for Someone Planning a Trip to Italy
For gifts for someone travelling Italy, you can pick one or several of the following to make a package of perfect travel gifts:
- A travel adapter that works in Italy – either a European style one or a worldwide adapter like this.
- A travel sleep set with inflatable pillow, eye mask and ear plugs.
- A scarf for sightseeing. Many areas will insist that shoulders and knees are covered – a scarf can help out here as well as double as a pillow on a long flight.
- Check out these gift ideas for someone about to go on a trip for more suggestions.
Authentic Italian Gifts for Christmas
First of all, stock up on these beautiful Italian Christmas cards that say Buon Natale here.
Bookmark the Best Gifts from Italy
Enjoying these authentic Italian gifts? Bookmark now and come back to shop for Italian Christmas gifts later!
So, that’s this year’s collection of beautiful and fun Italian gifts for family members and good friends. Hopefully, you’ve found some inspiration here. And possibly a little piece of Italy.
And if all else fails, there’s always gift cards!
More Travel Gift Ideas
None of these quite fit? Not to worry, we have specialist gift guides and lists for you as well. Check out the following:
- Gifts for an outdoorsy girlfriend and adventurous woman
- The best luxury travel gifts for him
- The best gifts for hikers
- What to buy someone going to Japan
If you buy or book through one of the links in this article, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you!