Can You Capture the Colour?
It’s back. And it’s even better.
This summer, we’re returning to the retina-blazing bursts of colour travel photography in the good company of some of my favourite travel photography bloggers.
Last year I sent myself cross-eyed with my musings on the nature of colour and how we don’t see what we think we see but this year I’m in a simpler frame of mind.
This year, I’m just going to get on and show you how you can get your hands on a £3000 travel fund.
What You Need To Do
1) Post up to five colour travel photographs on your blog from the following five categories: red, yellow, blue, green and white.
2) Nominate five other bloggers to follow on from you
3) Notify the team that you’ve entered (see instructions on how to do that here.)
Frequently Befuddled Questions
You need to enter all five to win the overall prize (£3000 vouchers from Travel Supermarket) but the individual category prizes don’t require the full set.
Individual category prizes are either an iPad, a Fuji camera or an Arc’teryx shopping voucher, depending on your choice.
You don’t HAVE to be nominated by someone else to enter. Just get to it if you’re tired of waiting!
My Five Nominations
1) 40 Before 30 by the bubbly Jayne Gorman (that’s 40 countries before the age of 30 in case you were wondering)
2) TravelBite – a food and fun travel blog from video specialist Rachelle
3) Live Share Travel - an affordable luxury travel blog from two of the nicest and funniest people around
4) Aviators and A Camera – from Kirsten, whose iPhone camera work opened my eyes to a whole new type of photography
5) Kash from Budget Traveller - because he does what it says on the tin in a really great, creative way.
Some of the best travel photographers out there…
1) Ken Kaminesky – his landscapes will make you fall in love with the world
2) The Planet D - their adventures will make you seem feeble ;-)
3) Canvas of Light - say goodbye to the rest of your day once you click on these images
4) Almost Fearless – Great photos. Great writing. I lurk here a lot…
5) Inside the Travel Lab - that’s me in case you are skim reading and just jumped down to here ;-) This year I’m seeing…
I was asked to offer a few words on what I’d be looking for in a winning red photograph. And George Clooney on the red carpet clearly came to mind…And then when I got my thoughts back together I came up with this:
“I’m looking for something unusual: an image from a place that makes me think of it in a whole new light. Show me something I’ve never seen before. Tell me about how the place relates to its people, their attitudes and their history. And make sure you had fun snapping it. Somehow, that always shows!”
In other words, the same as last year. Show me something unusual. Tell a story. Involve people. Have fun.
With thanks to…
And the DragonRoute of course came about in partnership with Cathay Pacific
All photographs are definitely my own…as should be the ones you enter!