Looking for last minute online present ideas? There's no judgment here! In fact, I've separated this gift guide into last minute and ultra last minute gift ideas. For, you know, when you're lucky if you have time to forward the email, never mind look for wrapping paper.
Let's get to work and find the perfect last minute online gift for your partner, family, kids, parents, boss, birthday, Christmas, whatever situation you find yourself in!
Psst - last minute online gifts tend to be digital in nature and environmentally friendly. There, it isn't so bad after all!
The Best Last Minute Online Gifts
Heads up! If you buy through some of these links then we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. However, we don't for most of the recommended gifts. Everything's there because I think it will save your last minute gift buying bacon!
The Best Last Minute Gifts for Travellers
Yes, so there's a pandemic going on. But these online gifts have long expiration dates and perhaps a dose of optimism is required? On the other hand, if you're buying something for someone with never-ending lockdowns then you may be better off looking at my section on armchair travel ideas.
Last Minute Travel Experience Gifts
- Hotel Gift Card - buy someone a gorgeous break away through the Hotel Gift Card system. You can have a physical card shipped or download a stylish e-voucher. The scheme covers 110 000 hotels in over 170 countries and includes more than 140 different brands, from the big chains to gorgeous boutique hotels.
Last Minute Armchair Travel Gifts
Here's where you can get creative. Think online language lessons, cooking lessons from around the world and lectures from experienced academics.
Last Minute Gifts for Writers and Creatives
There's never been a better year for last minute online gifts for writers and those with an eye for creative pursuits! Almost everything has moved online.
Here's a taste of some of the best:
Last Minute Gifts for Writers
Last Minute Online Gifts for Photographers
- Do you know someone who wants to take their photography to the next level and edit every image? An Adobe Creative Cloud subscription is an e gift you can buy and set up right away. It's the industry gold standard so you can't go wrong.
The Best Last Minute Online Gifts for People in the UK
Online Charitable Gifts with Membership Benefits
- Buy a membership subscription to some of the charitable organisations that preserve great places to visit in the UK. Here are some of my favourites:
- National Trust Membership - access to stately homes and both wild and cultivated gardens with activities throughout the year.
- Cadw - unlimited access to historical sites (think castles and sweeping wild landscapes) in Wales.
- RSPB - includes entry to natural reserves across the UK, a magazine and more. Plus, the feel good aspect of protecting wild birds. They also run a really special membership section for children. See also, travel gifts for kids.
- The Wildlife and Wetlands Trust - more access to beautiful natural spots and a charitable donation to preserve these important areas.
Online Gifts for Readers
Whether you're looking for a last minute online gift for a birthday, for Christmas or out of the blue, one of the fastest and easiest to grasp category is a gorgeous dose of reading material.
Paper Subscriptions: The Luxury of Touch
eBooks: the Ultimate Online Gift?
Did you know that many publishers also offer digital versions of their books?
Audio Books: Perfect e Gifts
Of course, audio books are another great idea for loved ones who frequently have long journeys or who find reading tough on their eyes.
- You can sign them up for Audible, an unlimited audiobook subscription service run by Amazon.
Last Minute Online Gifts for Music Lovers
- Once again, Amazon have a subscription for you. Give the gift of unlimited music through Amazon Music Unlimited.
Last Minute Online Gifts for Food Lovers
Last Minute Online Gift Subscriptions
Nowadays, you can set up almost anything as an online subscription and these make perfect last minute creative gifts.
- You can even sign your loved one up for a salami of the month subscription. Just saying.
The Best Universal Last Minute Gift Ideas
Perhaps you're thinking that vouchers, gift cards and coupons aren't that exciting to give as a gift. Maybe they're even shameful?!
Well, some people think of them like that. Plenty others actually prefer them since they can buy something they really want instead of someone's best guess.
And from that point of view, vouchers are some of the best last minute online gifts you can buy!
Here are some schemes that work well in many different countries. Time to send your friends and colleagues something they really want!
- Amazon (choose the "buy gift card" option
- Amazon Prime - Yes, you can gift Amazon Prime to someone. In addition to the monthly entertainment services like music, video and books, you also get free delivery on Amazon purchases.
- Visa (US only)
- Mastercard (US only)
Beyond vouchers, look for classic gifts like flowers and chocolate:
- Bloom & Wild are one company that provide gift subscriptions. Buy once, get in the good books twelve times a year!