So, the clock is ticking and you're searching for last minute online gifts for people who love to travel. Mums, dads, sisters, brothers, friends, girlfriends, wives... E gift ideas. Virtual gift ideas. Creative digital gifts.
Whatever. There's no judgment here. Instead, let's get to work quickly and efficiently. I've rounded up my recommendations for online gifts that don't require shipping. Lightweight and fast. Even environmentally friendly? Things aren't so bad after all...
Heads up! If you buy through some of these links then we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. However, we don't for most of the recommended gifts. Everything's there because I think it will save your last minute gift buying bacon!
Last Minute Travel Experience Gifts
- Hotel Gift Card - buy someone a gorgeous break away through the Hotel Gift Card system. You can have a physical card shipped or download a stylish e-voucher. The scheme covers 110 000 hotels in over 170 countries and includes more than 140 different brands, from the big chains to gorgeous boutique hotels.
Online Courses, Lessons and Dreams
- Of course, I have to mention my own course Write Better, Right Now, which has successfully launched many blogging and writing careers. It's entirely online, students can access the material and receive feedback from anywhere in the world, and we have a handy gift certificate you can give as well!
- Do you know someone who wants to take their photography to the next level? An Adobe Creative Cloud subscription is an e gift you can buy and set up right away. It's the industry gold standard so you can't go wrong.
- Know someone who loves instagram and is looking to switch that into a career? I can highly recommend the course Instagram for Success from Helene Sula.
Online Charitable Gifts with Membership Benefits
- Here are some examples that include free entry to fascinating places across the UK;
- National Trust Membership - access to stately homes and gardens with activities throughout the year.
- Cadw - unlimited access to historical sites (think castles and sweeping wild landscapes) in Wales.
- RSPB - includes entry to natural reserves across the UK, a magazine and more. Plus, the feel good aspect of protecting wild birds. They also run a really special membership section for children. See also, travel gifts for kids.
- The Wildlife and Wetlands Trust - more access to beautiful natural spots and a charitable donation to preserve these important areas.
Paper Subscriptions: The Luxury of Touch
eBooks: the Ultimate Online Gift?
Did you know that many publishers also offer digital versions of their books?
Audio Books: Perfect e Gifts
Of course, audio books are another great idea for loved ones who frequently have long journeys or who find reading tough on their eyes.
- You can sign them up for Audible, an unlimited audiobook subscription service run by Amazon.
Last Minute Digital Music Gifts
If books don't do the trick for keeping your traveller entertained then how about music?
- Once again, Amazon have a subscription for you. Give the gift of unlimited music through Amazon Music Unlimited.
Last Minute Online Gift Subscriptions
Nowadays, you can set up almost anything as an online subscription and these make perfect last minute creative gifts.
- Flowers - I keep dropping hints but no luck just yet! Bloom & Wild are one company that provide gift subscriptions. Buy once, get in the good books twelve times a year!
- Amazon Prime - plenty of people swear by this! In addition to the monthly entertainment services, you also get free delivery on Amazon purchases. A love it or hate it kind of virtual gift.
- You can even sign your loved one up for a salami of the month subscription. Just saying.