It only takes two hundred and thirty nine steps to reach a completely different city. To reach a song from the past that hauntingly blends with the snow that falls without sound.
Archive | Poland RSS feed for this section
Blog posts about travel in Poland, Polish customs, Polish cuisine and Polish history gathered here in this very category…
You don’t need me to tell you that football’s popular around the world. But as Poland gears up for Euro 2012, here’s why I’m laying my ghosts to rest…
Alright, there’s a chance I’ve gone overboard with the Ps in that headline. Yet ever since I wrote
Warsaw. I’ve always thought it’s a shame about the name. Krakow, the first city in Poland I visited, sounds intriguing and edgy, a cracking
“Are you ready?” asks Christopher, a guide from the nearby village of Wieliczka. He’s cloaked in a long charcoal jacket and blowing on his hands to keep warm. For a giant-sized man, he uses a soft voice. “Because once we start, I will not be able to talk to you. And you will not be able to turn back.”
There are some secrets in this world that don’t make any sense. The Wieliczka Salt Mines near Krakow sparkle so mysteriously that I can’t help but wonder whether they’re part of an international conspiracy.
The name may not carry as much horror as the word Auschwitz, but it should.
Entry to Auschwitz feels like a macabre blend between a Saturday afternoon football crush, a communist toilet block and the road to hell itself…
I’m running through Kraków’s bus station, spinning around to see coaches lined up behind me and smaller trams rattling through the concrete space below. My eyes jump around, searching for D8, for…
- Maptastic-Tacular April 2, 2013
- Paris Is Always A Good Idea June 26, 2013
- 17 Ways To Take Better Photos From Trains – Photography for Beginners August 30, 2013
- Holy Smoke. A Mayan Massage in Mexico April 10, 2013
- The Beach with the Buffalo, Hong Kong May 17, 2013
- Can you guess where I am?! (Psst, near @OneAldwych ) March 9, 2014
- Checking out the history of time at the Science Museum. In other words March 8, 2014
- A Glimpse of Mount Vesuvius March 5, 2014
- Sometimes simple is best March 3, 2014
- Hope everyone had a good St David’s weekend… March 2, 2014
- Mark @ hotelove.sk: Stunning pics. Valencia is on my to-do list for a ...
- Jaryd Krause (@Ausglobetrotter): Amazing shots! and your right, everybody sees thin...
- Selma: Volcanoes: they have the power to grant life, and ...
- islandmomma: Don't know about the apps but I really would like...
- Ronny: Gotta love that escalator lol ... Melbourne looks ...
- British Virgin Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The Maldives
- Saudi Arabia
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- St Vincent & The Grenadines